It’s been four years since Therme Bucharest transformed the way a whole country spends its spare time, reviving a grand tradition of thermal bathing and making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of the nation.
Open 365 days a year, Therme Bucharest brings “endless summer” to the vibrant city and has become an integral part of daily life. Since opening, it has attracted more than 4 million visitors and has become a worldwide wellbeing destination, with guests travelling from countries such as the UK, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Israel and the USA.
A Unique Experience
Therme Bucharest is a unique experience, where guests can create their own perfect day of wellbeing to enhance the mind, body and soul.
There are a multitude of opportunities for relaxation, physical activity and wellbeing therapies plus events, entertainment and delicious, healthy food.
Turquoise, warm-water lagoons in the midst of spectacular biodiverse botanical gardens put nature and water at the heart of the experience. There’s everything from exquisitely designed multi-sensorial saunas, therapeutic mineral pools and exciting wave pools and waterslides to affordable therapies and health & fitness activities.
With a bio-diverse ecosystem of over 880,000 plants, Therme Bucharest is home to the largest botanical garden in Romania and 1,500 palm trees, creating an opportunity to relax, reflect and rejuvenate in a natural environment.
An Ever-Evolving Guest Experience
Since opening, Therme Bucharest has continuously evolved its guest experience, including opening:
- a 4,000 sqm Galaxy Relax area for families
- ‘Sands of Therme’, Europe’s largest urban beach with 30,000 sqm of fine sand
- 2 stunning outdoor parks: ‘Feng Shui’ and ‘Pangea’
- A concept restaurant inspired by the life of the famous naturalist and explorer Alexander von Humboldt
Commitment to the highest level of sustainability
Therme Bucharest is one of the world’s most advanced sustainable buildings including:
- LEED Platinum certification for best-in-class building strategies and practices in green building.
- Certification by the Institut Fresenius SGS for meeting perfect water quality and operational standards.
- European Spas Association certification for meeting the highest international quality standards for spas and wellness centers.